SafeEntry is a free-for-use Cloud-based visitor registration system. Visitors scan a QR code using their Singpass Mobile app, give consent to share their name and contact information with the building managers, and make the necessary declaration required. This online service will be regularly updated to reflect the latest advisory and guidelines. Using this system allows businesses to verify user identity with data from Government sources to facilitate their tracing work should the need arise.
Businesses and building owners who wish to find out more can click here.
All businesses and services that are in operation must institute SafeEntry for their employees, associates and vendors. Of the businesses/services that are allowed to be in operation, the following list of facilities/places must also deploy the SafeEntry system to log the check-in of customers, clients, students, visitors entering their premises.
- Workplaces e.g. offices, factories
- Schools and educational institute
- Preschools and student care centres
- Healthcare facilities e.g. hospitals, clinics, TCM clinics, complementary healthcare facilities
- Residential and community-based care facilities e.g. nursing homes, Senior Activity Centres, Senior Care Centres, Day Activity Centres for Persons with Disabilities
- Places of worship
- Funeral parlours
- Banks and financial institutions
- Retail, personal and food & beverage (F&B) services
- Selected popular wet markets (Geylang Serai Market, Block 104 / 105 Yishun Ring Road (Chong Pang Market), Block 20/21 Marsiling Lane, and Block 505 Jurong West Street 52)
- F&B outlets for dine-in customers
- Large retail outlets (> 930 sqm or 10,000 sqft)
- Personal care services e.g. hairdressers / barbers, spas, beauty and wellness centres
- Facilities providing basic pet services (that do not function on a drop-off, pick-up basis)
- Tuition and enrichment, training centres, and other training/ class venues
- Sports and recreation
- Sports and fitness centres, including gyms, studios
- Country and recreation clubs, and registered premises of other member clubs/ societies
- Cultural and entertainment venues
- Museums, exhibitions, and showrooms
- Cinemas, attractions, and other entertainment venues
- Home-based businesses that involve customers entering one’s home for a prolonged period, e.g. private dining, hairdressing services
- Event venues e.g. function halls/ rooms, event lawns
SafeEntry has been progressively rolled out to taxis since 12 May 2020 to better support contact tracing efforts for street-hail trips. All commuters who get onto the taxi should scan the SafeEntry QR codes deployed in taxis when taking street-hail trips.
Retail outlets where customers are unlikely to be in close proximity for a prolonged period of time, such as pharmacies, convenience stores and heartland provision shops, are encouraged, but not required, to implement SafeEntry for customers.
For avoidance of doubt, all premises, including small retail outlets, must still implement SafeEntry for employees, associates and vendors as per all workplaces, and adhere strictly to the other safe management measures, e.g. safe distancing.
*This list will be updated as more activities and services are resumed.
TraceTogether is a mobile app that supports Singapore’s efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 through community-driven contact tracing.
Through the exchange of short-distance Bluetooth signals between mobile phones with the installed app, each phone can detect other participating TraceTogether phones that are in close proximity. The app estimates the distance between users, and the duration of such encounters. Records of these encounters are stored locally, in encrypted form, on each user’s phone for 21 days (covering the incubation period of the virus).
If a user is interviewed by a contact tracer for activity mapping, he can authorise the uploading of his TraceTogether data to Ministry of Health (MOH). MOH will then decipher the data and get the mobile numbers of the user’s close contacts within a period of time. This facilitates the contact tracing process, and enables contact tracers to inform close contacts of confirmed cases more expeditiously.
To learn more about the app, visit here.